Post 16 courses
Students can study A Level courses here at Knightsfield but also in our adjoining mainstream Sixth Form in Monk’s Walk School or within the Welwyn Consortium of schools. Students are supported, when required, by our note takers and their education is enhanced by continued language lessons, careers advice and help with ongoing coursework within our Post-16 area study rooms. This is in line with the government’s 16-19 study programme requirements, as attached – 16-19 Study Programme Guide for Providers
Knightsfield is also in a partnership with Oaklands College to provide courses for our students. These courses are currently based at the Welwyn Garden City, Smallford and St. Albans Campuses of Oaklands College. Students are supported by Knightsfield School staff in college. Further support with chosen courses and sessions in the core subjects are then offered at Knightsfield School creating a fully timetabled week for students. There is a very wide choice of academic and vocational courses available. Oaklands College courses have entry requirements which relate to end of Year 11 results.
The common room serves as a relaxation area for all post 16 students whether they attend A levels or college for a couple of days a week.
Benefits of a package of support from Knightsfield School
- Teacher of the deaf expertise in subject areas
- Speech and Language therapy sessions
- Notetaker support in college or school
- Follow up sessions with notetaker
- Advice and support to maintain development of listening skills
- For students who have previously attended Knightsfield School, the school has a good knowledge of the individual student and their language and learning needs